Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Gullibility and horses

Three telephone calls in a row this morning from lottery companies offering me an opportunity to "invest" (really!) in their fraud wishful thinking. Clearly somebody has recently posted a sign saying "Udge is an idiot and has lots of money". Permit me to modestly say: wrong on both counts.

Dying in a car accident is thirteen hundred times more likely than winning the lottery. Dying from food poisoning specifically caused by a rusty canopener, is eight times more likely than winning the lottery.

So there.

If you want to get me to waste my money, talk to me about the horses or the roulette wheel instead. At least these places make it fun to throw your income down the drain.

Apropos the gee-gees, the Spring Racing Week is coming up in Baden-Baden from 21 to 29 May. How about meeting for a glass of Sekt at the show ring?

2 Comments:

Blogger Dora said...

Just stopping in to say hello and thanks for participating in my Question of the Day (QOTD).
I hope you'll come back soon.

Germany - - my father is from Neinburg and his sister lived in Neaustadt. I love those cities.

March 22, 2005 at 9:56:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Lioness said...

I lived in Karlsruhe, only a stone throw away. Imagine!

March 23, 2005 at 11:19:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home